In this episode of Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel, two individuals navigate their shared desire to retitle and reframe the post-marriage connection they’ve created. For these two divorce attorneys ending their marriage has been less about dissolution and more about creating marriage 2.0.
In Happily Divorced, emotions run high around affairs and an unmet desire for more children, yet the divorced pair continue to find themselves hovering the border between together and apart.
What to listen for in this episode of Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel:
- Perel mentions the concept of living apart together. Is this an approach to divorce that you’ve found works or is it unique to each relationship?
- When the addition of a child turns a duo into a trio, is it inevitable one partner feels displaced? Is there a way to shift this experience and create an immediate tripod?
- Is it possible to avoid divorce entirely through the redefinition of a marriage midstream?
- Have you/your partner created an environment where proclamations are allowed to turn into predictions? Where statements suddenly morph into immutable truths?
- When experiencing conscious or subconscious envy do you ‘put down’ what your partner possesses because you deeply wish you could have it, too?
Listen To This Episode On
Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Stitcher